At GMCO, we pride ourselves in finding an experienced Diesel Mechanic to help us keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. GMCO serves Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Nebraska, Washington, Idaho, and California specializing in environmentally friendly and naturally derived road maintenance products including our new bagged salt product Torch SD and livestock feed salt. We are proudly committed to transporting, storing, and applying our products responsibly and with a focus on environmental preservation and sustainability. In addition to our valuable customers, we also care deeply about the communities we serve and give back through various charitable organizations.
He/she will perform minor truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
· Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
· Ability to perform all aspects of the job safely and in accordance with OSHA, DOT & GMCO CORP rules and regulations.
· Able to read and understand technical publications/software, including service manuals and service bulletins and can use information contained in them to do their own work and to assist others concerning the content.
· Ability to perform all aspects of the job safely and in accordance with OSHA, DOT & GMCO CORP rules and regulations
· Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including safety Management
· Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs
· Overall maintenance in the yard including conveyor belt systems and any other minor issues that arise including Forklift, front loader, skid-steer loader, and any other equipment that requires service.
Skills and Qualification:
· High School Diploma desired
· Must be willing to perform service calls offsite
· Achieves and maintains certifications as required by the company, the OEM’s or by Federal Law
· Must be able to use all tools of trade, including precision instruments, shop machines
· Must possess good interpersonal skills and can interact well with others
· Full understanding of all DOT, Federal & State laws regarding maintenance/repairs
· Must be able to operate various computer diagnostic devices, PC’s, and laptops
· Must be able to read and write in English
GMCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GMCO does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Minimum 3 years as a mechanic, 5 years preferred
CDL Class A or Class B preferred
$25.00 - $30.00 per hour
Health, Dental, IRA, IRA Matching, Paid Time off